Senior Management Open Roles
General Manager - Biologics Genomic Services (North America)
PathoQuest, a spin-out of Institut Pasteur, offers innovative next-generation sequencing (NGS) based solutions for the quality control of biologics and the diagnosis of infectious diseases.
The company’s Biologics Genomic Service focuses on providing quality control testing to biotech and biopharma companies for the rapidly growing areas of cell and gene therapies and viral safety testing for vaccines. PathoQuest is at the forefront of providing NGS-based testing solutions that can expedite the commercial availability of biologics and have the potential to replace current standardized in vivo and in vitro testing options. The company is based in Paris, France and has a strong strategic partnership with Charles Rivers Laboratories, a leading provider of preclinical and clinical laboratory services for the pharmaceutical, medical device and biotechnology industries.
PathoQuest is looking to hire a U.S. based General Manager to support the expansion and acceleration of its current Biologics Genomic Service business in North America.
Mission and key responsibilities
- Oversee day-to-day operations of PathoQuest, Inc.
- Ensure the implementation of PathoQuest’s business strategy to grow the company’s Biologics Testing Service in the U.S.
- Develop and report achievement of key performance goals for PathoQuest, Inc.
- Recruit, manage and develop a strong U.S. based PathoQuest team to achieve business goals and to deliver high-quality service to the customers.
- Facilitate the development and implementation of tactical programs to enable achievement of targeted goals and objectives.
- Ensure the overall delivery and quality of PathoQuest’s Biologics Testing Service offerings to U.S. based customers.
- Directly participate in key account and targeted customer activities.
- Evaluate and determine opportunities to invest in key equipment, infrastructure, and talent which will support business growth.
- Communicate strategic plans and results achieved to PathoQuest Inc. employees
- Report overall sales and business results to PathoQuest management team in France.
- Interface with PathoQuest management team in France to support broader organizational strategic business planning.
- Assist with the coordination of laboratory processes and business operations across the entire PathoQuest organization.
- Optimize and economize the delivery of testing services (equipment, automatization, security, manpower) to deliver and growth high profitability business.
- Establish and maintain a high-quality grade at a GMP level for the testing operations performed by PathoQuest, Inc.
- Ensure appropriate quality, security, and environmental controls are maintained at PathoQuest’s facility.
- Establish and maintain a collaborative and productive working relationship with the members of PathoQuest’s executive committee (Comex) team members.
Experience and qualifications:
- >5 years’ experience as Head of Lab Operations or a General Manager for a U.S. company focused on biologics testing.
- Professional experience within a contract research organization (CRO) or a contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO).
- Demonstrated knowledge in biomanufacturing and associated markets.
- College degree required. BS/BA or greater in biotechnology or related science field.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a rapidly changing climate and reacts well to change.
- Strong attention to detail and have quality-minded work habits.
- Candidates must be currently eligible to work in the United States.
- Must be willing to work in the Philadelphia area. No relocation package available.
Partial list of benefits:
- Healthcare insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings account with company match
- Employee-funded health care flexible spending account (FSA)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) program
Individuals interested in applying for this position who meet the above qualifications should send a cover letter and their resume to email@example.com.
Applicants who do not have the above experience or listed qualifications will not be considered.
Let’s Work Together
If you are interested in what we do and believe you have the appropriate experience and expertise to join the PathoQuest team, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org