Sales & Marketing Open Roles
Head of Global Marketing
BASED IN FRANCE OR THE U.S.
Who We Are:
PathoQuest is a specialized CRO, a spin-off of Institut Pasteur, whose purpose is to study, research and identify pathogens by High Throughput Sequencing for the Quality Control of pharmaceutical products of biological origin, both in France and abroad. PathoQuest offers innovative biotech companies worldwide a complete expert service from sample receipt to the production of certificates of analysis. Its tests are based on proprietary sample processing protocols, a high-throughput sequencing platform and specialised bioinformatics analysis pipelines. Currently in a scale-up phase, we have about 50 employees in France and the United States.
We are currently looking for our Head of Global Marketing based in France or the USA.
Reporting directly to the Chief Commercial Officer, you design and implement a marketing strategy allowing the company to create awareness (with customers, Key Opinion Leaders and partners) to achieve its growth objectives.
Scope of Responsibility:
The Head of Global Marketing is responsible for activities including (but not limited to) the following :
- Budgeting, planning and logistical support of tradeshows and conferences.
- Development and maintenance of pathoquest.com website (supported by IT colleagues and Marketing Agency).
- Develop and introduce tools / marketing materials aimed to support our sales team.
- Work with our partners (including Charles River Laboratories) to plan and execute joint marketing initiatives.
- Measure the impact of marketing actions through the establishment and reporting of KPI’s.
- Supervise competitive intelligence on the strategy, commercial offers and communication put forward by our direct competitors.
- Ensure the management of predominantly marketing projects with the appropriate tools with regard to the situations encountered, in order to challenge and motivate the team.
- Support change and ensure adoption of top-down internal communication/dissemination (market evolution, company strategy, etc.).
- Support the team in its skills development in marketing and customer experience.
- Ensure the most absolute discretion with regard to the business of the Company (including in particular the names and contact details of customers, consultants, suppliers and designers, current or potential, as well as the conditions of sales/purchases, marketing strategies, prices and activities research and development)
Education (minimum requirements) & Experience:
- University degree in Life Sciences
- Experience in a technical-scientific service provider (CRO/CDMO) is desired.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Mastery of digital, marketing and sales tools
- Mastery of office tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, …)
- Fluency in English (oral, written).
- Very good knowledge of the GMP services industry is desired.
- Scientific background in Molecular Biology is desired.
- Have a strategic vision and an excellent understanding of business issues
- Know how to work in project mode and in collaborative mode
- Excellent writing and relational skills
- Analytical and synthetical mind
- Force of proposal, actions and results oriented
- Rigorous respect of deadlines
Missions and responsibilities
Under the responsibility of the COO (Chief Operating Officer); you work in synergy with other sales managers in the European zone. Within PathoQuest’s global commercial strategy, You will :
- Generate and manage leads and opportunities through the customer-centric selling
implemented as a part of the CRM.
- Prospect for new customers, identify decision-makers, and convert them into current clients
with the goal of generating increased business to deliver planned business BGS objective.
- Participate in the commercial strategy and plans.
- Acquire new business and build stronger relationships with existing customers.
- Ensure accurate and prompt reporting of sales.
- Set up a forecasting process.
- Represent PathoQuest at workshops & webinars.
- Suggest evolutions and/or evaluate future trends within bioproduction safety to enable
PathoQuest to adapt and/or consolidate its commercial offers.
- Work with PathoQuest’s scientific and technical team to develop the company’s value
proposition and business proposal.
Qualifications & experience
- A solid scientific background (biology, virology, genetics), complemented by experience in sales management.
- Fluency in French and English, both oral and written, is mandatory.
- Strong expertise/knowledge in next-generation sequencing (NGS) technology
- Technical and scientific knowledge in the field of sales (Sales of “advice” / expertise /
- Analytical skills and strategic thinking.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, entrepreneurial, and fast-evolving environment
- He/she must be a team player.
- This positin is based from either the company’s location in Paris, France or Wayne, Pennsylvania, USA (remote work possible from within France or USA).
- According to the experience of the candidate
Advantages of the Project
- Growing environment, dynamic, innovative, and ambitious start-up
- A company at the forefront of genetics, bioinformatics, and molecular diagnostics
- Attractive client portfolio/worldwide scope
Individuals interested in applying for this position who meet the above qualifications should send a cover letter and their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let’s Work Together
If you are interested in what we do and believe you have the appropriate experience and expertise to join the PathoQuest team, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com