Biology Laboratory Open Roles
NGS Lab Technician
– Wayne, PA | USA –
PathoQuest SAS, a spin-out of Institut Pasteur, offers a wide range of innovative next-generation sequencing (NGS)-based solutions to the biotech and biopharma industries with a goal to assure the safety and rapid commercialization of biologics. With a focus on rapidly advancing cell and gene therapies and viral vaccine safety, and to further expand our capabilities and strengthen our strategic partnership with Charles Rivers Laboratories (a leading provider of preclinical/clinical laboratory services for the pharmaceutical, medical device, and biotechnology industries), PathoQuest SAS, based in Paris France, has recently established a state-of-the-art US subsidiary, PathoQuest Inc., in the Philadelphia metropolitan area. We are currently looking to hire experienced Lab Technicians with strong NGS experience to support our growing US-based activities.
- Utilize molecular-biology skills and experience to execute custom NGS-based workflows to meet our customer’s needs
- Perform and document test procedures with accuracy, consistency, and timeliness in accordance with all laboratory standard operating procedures (SOPs) and regulations (cGMP/GLP)
- Perform quality control (QC)-related tasks associated with sequencing operations
- Operate and maintain equipment specific to NGS-related workflows, including automation
- Draft/revise SOPs, laboratory records, and other related documentation
- Identify areas for process improvement. Contribute ideas and suggestions to improve standard laboratory techniques, improve protocols, processes, and equipment.
- Support laboratory operations including inventory management, solution preparation, and standard laboratory tasks
- Contribute to special projects as needed
- Contribute to ongoing process improvement initiatives
Qualifications and Skills
Experience and Education
- BS/BA in biology or a related scientific field with a minimum of 3 years of experience, or an AA degree with 5 or more years of relevant experience
- Strong basic laboratory and molecular biology skills and knowledge, with solid working experience with PCR and NGS-related techniques
- Working knowledge of current Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) & Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to work in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment both independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated working knowledge of/compliance to laboratory safety and infection control procedures and practices
- Proven proficiency with molecular biology-related practices, techniques, equipment including automation, materials, and mathematical calculations, specifically those related to NGS-based workflows. Experience with multiple NGS platforms is highly desired.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent oral and written communication, and critical problem-solving and time management skills
- Candidates must be currently eligible to work in the United States
- Candidates must reside in the Philadelphia metro area. No relocation package is available.
Partial List of Benefits:
- Company subsidized healthcare insurance with flexible spending account (FSA)
- 401(k) retirement savings account with company match
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and work-related incentive programs
Individuals interested in applying for this position who meet the above qualifications should send a cover letter and their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let’s Work Together
If you are interested in what we do and believe you have the appropriate experience and expertise to join the PathoQuest team, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com