Biology Laboratory Open Roles
Senior Associate Scientist
– Wayne | PA | USA –
Senior Associate Scientist
REPORTS TO SCIENTIST/STUDY DIRECTOR
Who We Are:
PathoQuest SAS, a spin-out of Institut Pasteur, offers a wide range of innovative next-generation sequencing (NGS)-based solutions to the biotech and biopharma industries with a goal to assure the safety and rapid commercialization of biologics.
With a focus on rapidly advancing cell and gene therapies and viral vaccine safety, and to further expand our capabilities and strengthen our strategic partnership with Charles Rivers Laboratories (a leading provider of preclinical/clinical laboratory services for the pharmaceutical, medical device, and biotechnology industries), PathoQuest SAS, based in Paris France, has recently established a state-of-the-art US subsidiary, PathoQuest Inc., in the Philadelphia metropolitan area.
We are currently looking to hire experienced Senior Associate Scientists (SAS) with strong Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) experience to support our growing US-based activities. This position will be for our U.S. offices in Wayne, Pennsylvania. Our location is conveniently accessible to I-76, Routes: 30, 202, 476, and the PA Turnpike and just a short drive away from King of Prussia, with many dining, shopping, and local entertainment options.
Our environment is collaborative, friendly and each employee is encouraged to offer new solutions and ideas, in a respectful and creative manner. We seek and employ leaders and thinkers who embody innovation, creativity, commitment to quality, good judgment, and accountability. Each and every employee is expected to be a valuable and necessary hands-on contributor. Working together toward a common goal, we can accomplish anything and generate the quality results our internal and external clients expect.
Your Role at PathoQuest:
As a Senior Associate Scientist, your activities will support and drive the development and commercial application of our proprietary NGS methodologies and platforms. You are responsible for the scientific integrity of technical work performed by you in the laboratory, and for ensuring the needs of internal and external clients are appropriately met, effectively interpreted, and communicated clearly to study management and ultimately the client.
Scope of Responsibility:
Your primary responsibility includes execution of custom and routine commercial service offerings/client studies within the laboratory and under the direction of study management. You are required to make scientific observations, maintain detailed laboratory records, and ensure all documentation meets industry and regulatory standards. You will liaise closely with our scientific leads as well as support and management teams to ensure internal and external customer expectations are met or exceeded. You will be responsible for the performance of custom and routine NGS testing in accordance with all standard operating procedures (SOPs) and regulations (cGxP). You will be expected to lead by example and work collaboratively to advance the application of NGS in the field of biosafety testing.
Essential Job Functions:
- Apply laboratory techniques, skills and knowledge to support and execute experiments and client studies (internally or externally driven)
- Perform testing in accordance with all applicable SOPs and regulations (cGxP)
- Maintain complete and comprehensive records for assay development, application/
execution, and study integrity
- Make detailed observations, document results, and perform data analysis as applicable
- Assist with R&D method optimization and/or assay validation
- Operate and maintain lab equipment as required by SOPs and testing procedures
- Utilize applicable computer programs during testing and routine tasks (e.g., Word, Excel,
- Utilize problem-solving/troubleshooting skills independently or in a team environment
- Communicate deviations/events, progress, and interim results to study management
- Lead the completion of event records
- Liaise with Quality Assurance and appropriate cross-functional departments to close events
and corrective actions identified during GxP laboratory testing
- Maintain a working knowledge of lab procedures and assays
- Create/revise SOPs, laboratory records, and other related documentation as assigned
- Write technical reports for internal use and collaborate on documentation for external use
- Perform training of laboratory personnel as needed/assigned
- May serve as team lead and may have supervisory responsibilities for associate scientists
- Assist in validation activities (equipment, system, and assay)
- Contribute ideas and suggestions to improve standard laboratory techniques, protocols,
processes, and equipment
- Act as key driver/champion on project team, particularly for continual process
- Comply with company health and safety regulations and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education (minimum requirements):
- MA/MS in scientific discipline with three (3) or more years of relevant experience
- BA/BS in scientific discipline with five (5) or more years of relevant experience
- Or six (6) or more years of relevant experience gained through on-the-job training
- Broad working knowledge of field and experience with relevant laboratory practices,
techniques, equipment, materials, and mathematical calculations. This specifically applies
to molecular biology and sequencing-based applications.
- Relevant working knowledge and experience in area executing and overseeing technical
projects and/or related studies (e.g., molecular biology, sequencing)
- Experience working in a laboratory setting, particularly in a GxP environment
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills that have been demonstrated through
presentations/seminars, oversight of projects, implementation of new services, etc.
- Basic to intermediate skills in applicable computer programs
- Ability to collaborate and work independently
- Provide support for multiple high-complexity projects concurrently as applicable
- Strong molecular biology skills, especially related to NGS
- Proficient in use of basic laboratory techniques, equipment, and materials
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work under minimal supervision
- Broad working knowledge of laboratory policies and assays
- Demonstrate a high level of initiative
- Effective coaching and training (or supervisory where relevant) skills for relevant technical
Our Current Benefits:
We are in the process of reviewing and enhancing our benefits package and currently, we are offering the following benefits:
Paid Time Off (PTO)
- In your first year, you will be eligible to accrue 10 days or 80 hours of PTO.
- After your 1-year Anniversary, you will accrue 15 days or 120 hours of PTO annually.
FLOATING HOLIDAYS (FH)
- You will be able to accrue up to 3 Floating Holidays depending on your date of hire. Floating Holidays represent holidays PathoQuest is open for business. You will have the opportunity to take the holiday or come to work and take the FH any time after the holiday.
- For the Year 2022 we will celebrate 8 holidays and they are:
• New Year’s DAY
• Memorial Day
• Independence Day
• Labor Day
• Thanksgiving Day
• Day after Thanksgiving
• Christmas EVE
• Christmas DAY
• New Year’s EVE
HEALTH, BENEFITS & SUPPLEMENTAL INSURANCE
- CIGNA Medical, Dental & Vision Plans
- CIGNA Telemedicine & Express Scripts Pharmacy
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Voluntary Short-Term & Long-Term Disability insurance
- Voluntary Accident and Critical Care Insurance
- Voluntary Teledoc Health
COMPANY SPONSORED 401K RETIREMENT SAVINGS PLAN
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan with dollar for dollar match up to 3 percent of salary deferrals plus additional 50 percent match of 3% to 5% of salary deferrals.
- 100% Vesting into 401k Employer Matching Contributions on Day 1 of participation into the plan
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your resume along with a cover letter, if desired, would be nice, but not necessary to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will review and respond to those candidates who meet the qualifications and experience of the position.
PATHOQUEST is an equal opportunity employer.
NGS Lab Technician
– Wayne, PA | USA –
PathoQuest SAS, a spin-out of Institut Pasteur, offers a wide range of innovative next-generation sequencing (NGS)-based solutions to the biotech and biopharma industries with a goal to assure the safety and rapid commercialization of biologics. With a focus on rapidly advancing cell and gene therapies and viral vaccine safety, and to further expand our capabilities and strengthen our strategic partnership with Charles Rivers Laboratories (a leading provider of preclinical/clinical laboratory services for the pharmaceutical, medical device, and biotechnology industries), PathoQuest SAS, based in Paris France, has recently established a state-of-the-art US subsidiary, PathoQuest Inc., in the Philadelphia metropolitan area. We are currently looking to hire experienced Lab Technicians with strong NGS experience to support our growing US-based activities.
- Utilize molecular-biology skills and experience to execute custom NGS-based workflows to meet our customer’s needs
- Perform and document test procedures with accuracy, consistency, and timeliness in accordance with all laboratory standard operating procedures (SOPs) and regulations (cGMP/GLP)
- Perform quality control (QC)-related tasks associated with sequencing operations
- Operate and maintain equipment specific to NGS-related workflows, including automation
- Draft/revise SOPs, laboratory records, and other related documentation
- Identify areas for process improvement. Contribute ideas and suggestions to improve standard laboratory techniques, improve protocols, processes, and equipment.
- Support laboratory operations including inventory management, solution preparation, and standard laboratory tasks
- Contribute to special projects as needed
- Contribute to ongoing process improvement initiatives
Qualifications and Skills
Experience and Education
- BS/BA in biology or a related scientific field with a minimum of 3 years of experience, or an AA degree with 5 or more years of relevant experience
- Strong basic laboratory and molecular biology skills and knowledge, with solid working experience with PCR and NGS-related techniques
- Working knowledge of current Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) & Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to work in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment both independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated working knowledge of/compliance to laboratory safety and infection control procedures and practices
- Proven proficiency with molecular biology-related practices, techniques, equipment including automation, materials, and mathematical calculations, specifically those related to NGS-based workflows. Experience with multiple NGS platforms is highly desired.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent oral and written communication, and critical problem-solving and time management skills
- Candidates must be currently eligible to work in the United States
- Candidates must reside in the Philadelphia metro area. No relocation package is available.
Partial List of Benefits:
- Company subsidized healthcare insurance with flexible spending account (FSA)
- 401(k) retirement savings account with company match
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and work-related incentive programs
Individuals interested in applying for this position who meet the above qualifications should send a cover letter and their resume to email@example.com.
Let’s Work Together
If you are interested in what we do and believe you have the appropriate experience and expertise to join the PathoQuest team, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org